- 9 cups Granny Smith apples, diced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter, diced
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 lemon
- Mix the diced apples with the cinnamon, brown sugar and butter.
- Butter and flour a pie pan. Place one of the pie crusts in the tart pan. Spread the diced apples evenly over the crust.
- Cut strips of dough from the second crust, and place over the pie in a grid pattern.
- Brush the dough strips with the egg yolk.
- Bake for 1 hour at 375°F.