- 2 Rolls of Premade Pie crust
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup Sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 packet Orange Kool-Aid or one squirt of concentrate
- 1 cup White Chocolate
- 1 egg white, beaten until foamy
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 teaspoons water
- Orange food colouring
- Fill a saucepan with water and place over the stove over low heat. When the water is simmering place a heat proof bowl over top and combine the condensed milk, kool-aid and white chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Preheat your oven to 400˚F
- Roll out premade piecrust on a lightly floured surface and cut rectangles 3 inches by 4 inches. To half the rectangles, place a spoonful of the creamsicle mixture in the center and using your finger, paint along the edges with a little water. For the second half of rectangles poke holes in the dough using a fork, this will help release air. Enclose the filling completely using a top rectangle of pastry and to ensure there are no leaks, press a fork along the edges to seal. Brush each pop tart with the whisked egg before placing on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- For the icing, sift powdered sugar into a large bowl. Mix in beaten egg. Add water until desired consistency is reached. Divide the icing into two bowl and dye one a light orange color. Once the pop tarts have cooled decorate each one using the icing.