Bunless Oven-Baked Bacon Burger
This bunless bacon-wrapped burger topped with onions is a meat lover's delight.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 chili pepper, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the beef, pork, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese. Add the chopped parsley, pepper and salt to taste.
- Scoop up small portions of meat mixture and form into balls.
- Slightly flatten the balls and wrap them with the bacon, securing with a toothpick.
- Place in a roasting pan, brush with the BBQ sauce and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Heat a skillet, melt the butter and add the onion. When the onion begins to become transparent, add the sugar and honey. Cook on low heat for approximately 20 minutes, or until well browned. Set aside.
- Serve the burgers with caramelized onions.