- 20 fresh dates (300g), pitted
- 1/4 cup (75 grams almond butter
- 1/4 cup (50 grams coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (50 grams raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/3 cup (55 grams toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Place the dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Drain.
- Place the dates and almond butter in a food processor and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Add the coconut oil, cacao, peppermint extract and vanilla and process for 1 minute or until smooth. Press the mixture into a 10 centimeters x 20 centimeters slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper and press the almond into the top. Freeze for 1 hour or until set. Slice into 2 centimeters logs to serve.