- For the balsamic maple glaze:
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- For the pork chops:
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 thick pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Serving suggestion: mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, and maple syrup, and whisk well.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with the sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over high heat and add olive oil.
- Add the pork chops to the hot oil and sear for 2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Flip the pork chops over, add the balsamic maple glaze, and transfer to oven for 6-8 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, if desired.