We’re so torn… don't know if we should eat ‘em or if we should cuddle with ‘em?
- White Macarons:
- 30g egg whites
- 55g pure powdered sugar
- 35g almond powder
- 15 granulated sugar
- Black Macarons:
- 100g White Macaron
- 5g charcoal
- Matcha Ganache:
- 120g white chocolate
- 50g heavy cream
- 15g matcha
- In a bowl, add sugar to egg whites and mix using a hand mixer to make meringue.
- Combine and sift almond powder and powdered sugar. Add to the meringue and mix.
- Once it looks fairly mixed, continue to combine using the macaronage technique.
- Scoop out 100g of the mixture for Black Macarons. Mix in charcoal.
- Pipe White Macarons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using a toothpick, stretch into the shape of a panda face.
- Draw ears, face, hands, feet, and tail with the Black Macaron mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 130℃.
- To make matcha ganache, melt white chocolate over a double boiler. Mix in heavy cream and matcha.
- Pipe the ganache onto the macarons and top with a second panda piece.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE