Parm & Panko Baked Zucchini Fries with Arrabiata Sauce
Laz turns everything you thought about cheese fries on its head.
- 2 large zucchinis, cut in half and into thirds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, whole
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (16-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- Basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a baking sheet with a wire rack.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, and pepper. In a separate dish, whisk the eggs and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a third dish, mix together the panko, Parmigiano-Reggiano, garlic powder, and oregano; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roll the zucchini pieces in the flour to lightly coat. Shake off the excess flour and dip the pieces in the eggs. Roll the zucchini pieces in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the wire rack in a single layer.
- Bake until the zucchini pieces are tender-crisp and golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the olive oil and cloves of garlic over medium heat. Cook the garlic until fragrant and lightly brown, about 4 minutes, moving occasionally. Remove and discard the garlic.
- Add the chopped garlic to the pan and cook gently until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat to reduce. Remove from heat and stir in chopped basil leaves; adjust seasoning accordingly with salt.
- Serve zucchini fries with the Arrabiata sauce.
- Cook with soul. Eat with pleasure!
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE