- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices ham
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 burger buns
- Oil, for frying
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper, form into patties and fill each with mozzarella cheese.
- Coat patties in flour, followed by the beaten eggs and breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil and drain on paper towels.
- Place in a roasting pan, cover with ham and cheese and place in oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Open the bun, cover the base with the tomato sauce and arrange the patties on top of the sauce. Cover with the top half of the bun and serve.