- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, stemmed and seeded
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, picked and cleaned
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, picked
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, blend garlic cloves, bell peppers, walnuts and red pepper flakes until finely chopped.
- Add in balsamic vinegar, parsley and basil, pulsing again until finely chopped.
- Stream in olive oil until mixture is smooth. Season with lemon zest/juice, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pesto will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 5 days.