- 1/2 pounds dried spaghetti
- 1 cup pecorino romano cheese, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (add more per taste)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the cheese into two portions, and form each portion into an even 6-7 inch circles on the parchment paper. Bake for about 6 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden. Remove from oven and quickly use a spatula to lift each parmesan frico off the tray.
- Flip over two soup bowls (bottoms facing up) and place each frico over the bowls. Gently press around the sides to form bowl-like shapes. Allow to cool.
- Cook pasta to al dente in salted water. Reserve about a cup of the pasta water and drain the rest.
- With the pasta still in the pot, add olive oil, some of the pasta water, half of the cheese, and black pepper. Toss the pasta until fully coated.
- Serve in the parmesan frico bowls, and sprinkle more cheese and black pepper on top.