- 1/4 pounds pancetta, diced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups water
- 2-3 Parmesan cheese rinds, paper removed
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprig thyme
- 6-8 fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cups Swiss chard leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup baby red potatoes, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot on medium-high, brown the pancetta. Then add onion and garlic, and cook until softened. Meanwhile, make a bouquet garni by wrapping the bay leaves, thyme and parsley with string and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add water, Parmesan rinds and bouquet garni. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to simmer for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, season with salt and pepper, add potatoes, and cover. Allow to simmer and cook for another 10 minutes, and then stir in the Swiss chard. Cook until the potatoes and Swiss chard are tender.