- 1 to 2 strips of bacon, sliced into small pieces
- Olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 pound baby pasta shells
- 1 to 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 ounces cheese blend (fontina, Parmesan, blue cheese), grated
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- In a 10-inch skillet over high heat, add bacon and a splash of olive oil. Cook until bacon is crispy. Remove bacon and set aside, leaving the rendered fat in the pan.
- To the same pan, add the shallot and a pinch of salt. Cook shallots for about 1 minute, then add the pasta and stir well. Add the stock to completely cover the pasta. Stir and continue to cook over high heat for 5 to 8 minutes, adding more liquid if it dips below the level of pasta in the pan.
- When pasta is almost done, lower the heat, add cheese and mix well. Stir for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Stir in heavy cream. Transfer to a plate, top with crispy bacon and enjoy!