- Salt, for seasoning pasta water
- 1 box linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for topping
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 large head broccoli, florets and stems separated
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Set water in a large pasta pot to boil. Add salt. When the water comes to a boil, add linguine and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Coat a large pan with olive oil. Heat over medium-high heat and add onions to caramelize. Once fragrant, add diced zucchini, tomatoes, and broccoli stems.
- Add broccoli florets to boiling pasta to cook for about 2 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to the pan of sautéed vegetables.
- Add carrots and mozzarella ball to the pan last.
- Using a pasta ladle, remove pasta from pot and transfer to pan with vegetables. Top with olive oil and stir. Top with basil.