- 1 litre thickened/whipping cream, chilled
- 250g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp strawberry flavouring
- 5 drops red food gel
- 5 drops blue food gel
- patriot sprinkles: stars, gold sprinkles, red sprinkles and blue sprinkles
- Begin by lining a 30cm x 15cm deep baking dish with baking paper. I brushed mine with a little water to help it stick to the baking dish.
- To make ice cream add the cream, vanilla bean paste, strawberry flavouring and powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl and whip to stiff peaks. Please note: this is a lot of ice cream so you may need to whip the cream in two batches if you’re whipping using a hand mixer. Most stand mixers will be able to whip all the cream
- Split the mixture into 3 bowls. Add red food gel to one bowl and mix until well combined. Colour the second bowl blue and leave the third bowl white.
- Add all three colours to three separate piping bags.
- Begin by piping a flat layer of the red cream, followed by the white cream, Add another layer of red and white. Then add the blue cream on top.
- Add sprinkles on the blue cream and insert 12 paddle pop sticks in the ice cream before freezing it overnight.
- Slice up to serve.