- 3/4 cup of the liquid from a can of room-temperature unsalted chickpeas (aquafaba)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons freeze-dried raspberries/strawberries, coarsely ground
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 200°F, and line two cookies sheets with parchment paper.
- Add aquafaba (chickpea liquid) to the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk on high for 15 minutes until stiff peaks form. Then add the sugar, 1 spoonful at a time, followed by the vanilla. Turn off mixer, and gently fold in freeze-dried strawberries.
- Transfer meringue mixture to a piping bag, and place dollops spaced an inch apart on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 2 hours, or until meringues have completely dried and are firm. Allow to cool completely to room temperature.
- For peanut butter cream, beat together butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer. Slowly add sugar, followed by spoonfuls of heavy cream, until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Pipe butter cream onto the base of one meringue, and top with another. Enjoy right away!