- 1 package pie crust, chilled
- 2 large peaches, sliced and peeled
- 2 large apples, sliced and peeled (gala preferred)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Egg wash (1 egg whisked with 1 tablespoon water)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons demerara or brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peaches, apples, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, cornstarch, sugar and salt until fruit is well coated.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie crust. Arrange peaches and apples in a ring in the center of the dough, leaving a 2-inch border of dough all around.
- Brush the egg wash around the border of the pie. Fold up the edges of the dough, overlapping and crimping as you go. Brush the melted butter on the apples and peaches. Brush the outside of the crust with the egg wash. Sprinkle demerara sugar on the fruit and dough.
- Place galette in the middle of your oven. Bake for 55 minutes until the dough is crisp and golden brown. Allow the galette to cool on a wire rack before serving.