- 215g - 1 1/4 cups plain (all-purpose) flour
- 132g – 3/4 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 60g – 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 187ml – 3/4 cups full-cream (whole) milk
- 65ml – 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp peach flavouring
- 2 drops pink food gel
- 2 drops yellow food gel
- 2 tbsp buttercream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 drop pink food gel
- 300g white chocolate
- 2 drops orange candy food gel colouring
- 80g white chocolate
- 2 drops green candy food gel colouring
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 140°C (275°F) or a conventional oven to 160°C (320°F). Spray a loaf with oil spray and line the bottom with baking paper. Set aside.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large mixing bowl and mix with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Next, add the softened butter and mix on low speed until the mixture reaches a crumbly, sand-like texture.
- Add the eggs, milk, peach flavouring, pink food gel, yellow food gel, oil and vanilla, and mix on low speed until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. Scrape down the side of the bowl and mix for another 20 seconds. It’s at this point that you can add any additional flavourings or food-gel colourings to the batter.
- Pour the cake mixture into the loaf tin. Bake for 50–60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. If the toothpick is coated with wet batter, continue baking for 10 minutes at a time until fully baked.
- Allow the cake to cool to room temperature in the tin
- Crumble the cake into a large mixing bowl then add the buttercream. Mix using a spatula until well combined. Roll the mixture out into 12 balls and place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- To prepare the peach chocolate add it to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring each time until smooth. Add the orange food gel and mix until evenly coloured.
- Dip a paper straw into the melted chocolate and gently stick into the cake pops. Set aside in the fridge and allow to chill for 2 hours.
- To prepare the green chocolate follow the same instructions as the peach chocolate. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a #3 piping tip and pipe leaf shapes onto a piece of baking paper. Allow to set at room temperature.
- To prepare the coloured chocolate add the sugar and pink food gel into a small food processor or zip lock bag. Blitz or shake until the sugar turns an even shade of pink.
- Dip the chilled cake pops into melted peach coloured chocolate and allow excess to drip off.
- Cover with pink sugar while the chocolate is wet and then place the green chocolate leaf on top to finish.