- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fresh peaches (2 medium peaches), peeled and diced
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Nonstick spray, for griddle
- Maple syrup and fresh peaches, for serving
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, peaches, egg yolks, brown sugar, lemon zest, vanilla and salt until smooth. Stir in the flour until combined.
- Beat egg whites with a hand mixer until you reach stiff peaks. Fold the whites into the batter. The batter will be fluffy.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over medium to medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Add pancake batter to the hot griddle and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh peaches and maple syrup.