- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flavorless oil, like canola
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- Jam and powdered sugar, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan, line the bottom with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then pour into the cake pan.
- Bake until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Begin checking for doneness at 25 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then turn onto a lightly greased cooling wrack. Slice and sandwich with jam and top with powdered sugar.