- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs, cut lengthwise
- 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons plain full-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pinch of salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the chicken and sliced lemon. Mix well. Add in the chicken, mix well and submerge all the pieces. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes up to a full day.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the fridge. Skewer a piece of chicken onto a wet stick, followed by a slice of lemon and another piece of chicken. Continue until no chicken remains.
- Place the skewers in the oven and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately with your favorite condiment or a 50/50 lemon and olive oil mixture with a pinch of salt.