Pecan Pie Cheesecake
Just when you thought a normal pecan pie was already rich enough, we decided to go and add a cheesecake to it. Sorry, not sorry.
- For the crust:
- 1 cup graham crackers
- 2 cups ground pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- For the pecan pie filling:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- For the cheesecake:
- 3 cups cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- Make the crust: Prepare a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, grind graham crackers to a coarse, sand-like texture. Add pecans and pulse to combine. Pour in melted butter and mix to combine. Press into the bottom of the pan and set in the refrigerator until cheesecake filling is made.
- Make the pecan pie filling: In a medium saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook for approximately 6 minutes until the mixture thickens. Stir in pecans and vanilla and set aside to cool.
- Make the cheesecake: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar. Add in eggs one at a time until combined. Add vanilla. Do not over mix.
- Pour over crust and level in the pan. Cover with pecan pie filling. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until cheesecake is set. Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour. Set in fridge for 4 hours or up to overnight to completely chill. Cake will keep for up to 5 days covered in the fridge.