- 1 box buttermilk biscuit mix
- 1 egg yolk plus 1 tablespoon milk, for egg wash
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 thick pork sausages
- 6 cheese slices
- 6 small tomatoes
- Baby spinach leaves
- Choice of burger sauce
- Prepare the eggs by placing them in the freezer for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Make the biscuits: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease and flour a muffin pan.
- Prepare biscuits according to box directions. Transfer dough to a floured surface, and gently pat out to 1 inch thick. Cut out 1-inch circles, and place in each hole in the muffin pan. Re-shape the scraps to make 24 biscuits. Brush the top of each biscuit with egg wash, then bake for 8 minutes until well risen and golden brown. Remove from the oven and put onto a wire rack to cool.
- Prepare the fillings: Squeeze the filling out of the sausage casing and shape the meat from each sausage into 4 mini burger patties. Cook the bacon and sausage in a frying pan. Once cooked, cut each bacon slice into fourths.
- Cut the cheese into quarters, and slice the cherry tomatoes. Cut each of the biscuits in half.
- Remove the eggs from the freezer and carefully remove the shells. Cut the eggs into 1/4-inch slices.
- Reheat the frying pan with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Cook frozen egg slices.
- Assemble the burgers: Dot each biscuit lid with burger sauce. On each biscuit base, add a slice of tomato, baby spinach leaf, sausage, bacon, fried egg with cheese and biscuit lid. Secure with a cocktail stick and serve immediately.