- 12 medium-sized eggs, hard-boiled and shelled
- 2 small beetroot, halved
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 10 black peppercorns
- Devilled Eggs:
- 6 pickled eggs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Fresh black pepper
- In a saucepan, add the beetroot halves, cider vinegar, mustard seeds, garlic, bay and peppercorns. Simmer for 5 minutes and leave to cool.
- Place eggs into a Mason jar. Put the beetroot halves into the jar, then pour in the cool pickling liquid, making sure that the eggs are fully covered.
- Seal tightly and put into the fridge for up to 3 months.
- For the Devilled Eggs: Slice eggs in half and scoop out the yolks. Mix with mayonnaise, horseradish and salt. Pipe mixture back into the empty egg whites. Top with fresh black pepper and microgreens.