- 1 lb cooked shrimp, shelled
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1/2 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced, plus fronds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- In a large Mason jar, add the shrimp and squeeze the lemon juice over them.
- In a saucepan, add the fennel, oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and Tabasco and bring to a gentle simmer, then switch off the heat. Stir in the capers, garlic and celery seeds. Pour the mixture into the jar over the shrimp. Give it a good jiggle to make sure it’s all covered.
- Seal the jar tightly and refrigerate for a minimum of 24 hours, or up to 3 days. Serve chilled, as canapés on skewers or small pieces of toast.