- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 2 2/3 cups strawberries
- In a small saucepan, add vinegar, water, maple syrup, salt and peppercorns. Gently simmer for 5 minutes then leave to cool.
- Hull the strawberries and chop them in halves or quarters depending on their size. Put them into a clean Mason jar, then pour the cool liquid over the top. Tap the jar on the counter a few times to get rid of air bubbles, then seal tightly with a lid and put in the fridge for 24 hours or up to a week.
- Served spooned on top of vanilla ice cream, thick Greek yogurt or chocolate cake.
- For a parfait: Spoon alternate layers of strawberries and sweetened whipped cream into a small sundae glass. Top with more strawberries and crushed biscuits.