- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup light beer
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 8 medium dill pickles
- 8 hot dogs, patted dry
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, preheat 4 inches of oil to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, egg, beer and whiskey until combined and still slightly lumpy. Do not over mix. Set aside.
- Using an apple corer, hollow out the inside of each pickle. Skewer the hot dog and place inside the pickle.
- Dip each pickle/hot dog into the batter, allowing excess to drip off.
- Fry in preheated oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Let drain on paper towel-lined plate. Dip into ketchup or mustard. Enjoy!
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE