- For the sherbet:
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, diced and frozen
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Pinch of salt
- For the cone:
- 6 slices white bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a mixer, blend pineapple, sugar and buttermilk until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl and fold in whipped cream, then place in a freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze for 5 hours, stirring every hour to prevent sherbet from becoming icy.
- For the cone: Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Remove the crust from the white bread, and roll out each slice until it’s as thin as possible. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar. Toast on both sides. Working quickly, mold the bread into a cone shape until it cools and holds its shape.
- Fill cones with sherbet and enjoy.