- 1 can sliced pineapple
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon powdered agar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Separate pineapple and pineapple juice, reserving the can. Add the milk to the bowl with the pineapple juice, and heat in the microwave at 600 watts for one minute.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the water and powdered agar. Bring to a boil and continue to cook for 2 minutes while stirring continuously. Turn off the heat, stir in the milk and syrup mixture and the granulated sugar, and chill until it becomes slightly thick.
- Add one slice of pineapple to the pineapple can, and pour in enough of the agar mixture to cover the pineapple. Repeat this several times until the can is completely full, ending with a pineapple slice on top. Place can in the refrigerator until mixture is firm.
- Turn the can upside down, use a can opener to remove the bottom of the can, and remove the pineapple dessert. Cut into slices, and serve on a plate.