- 5 cups freshly grated pineapple, plus 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon butter
- 3 scotch bonnet peppers, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 package fruit pectin (such as Sure Jell)
- In a sauce pot, combine the pineapple, sugar and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Add the scotch bonnet peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 more minutes. Add butter to reduce foaming. Stir in the pectin. Bring back to a boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and using a metal spoon, skim off excess foam from the top.
- Transfer to mason jars and cool completely before placing a lid on top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Cook with soul. Eat with pleasure!