- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup graham crackers
- 125ml unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp powdered gelatin + 5 tbsp cold water
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled and sliced
- Green pineapple leaves, washed and dried.
- Add the coconut, graham crackers and salt into a food processor and blitz until you reach fine crumbs. Add butter and blitz to coat crumbs.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch tart tin and use the back of a spoon to press firmly into sides and bottom of the tin.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours so the base gets firm.
- Add the powdered gelatin and water into a small mixing bowl, mix using a fork until well combined. Allow to set for 5 minutes. Melt in the microwave for 30 seconds right before you add it to the rest of the mixture.
- Add the remaining pineapple juice, lime juice, lemon juice, grated ginger, sugar and turmeric powder into a large microwave safe bowl. Use a whisk to mix until well combined. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add the butter and whisk to combine, then add the eggs and whisk again. Microwave for 1 minute at a time, whisking each time until mixture thickens. It will take about 10-12 minutes. Add the melted gelatin and whisk.
- Gently pour into prepared tart tin. Chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- Make pineapple flowers.
- Preheat your oven to 100C or 210F.
- Carefully peel your pineapple using a large knife. Then slice into thin slices. Places the slices on two baking trays lined with baking paper and bake for 75 minutes turning over at the halfway mark.
- Remove the pineapple slices from the oven and allow to cool. Once cooled they will feel sticky. Scrunch them up in your hand before placing on top of the tart.
- To decorate your tart, place the pineapple leaves on one side of the tart and then add a couple of the flowers over the top right before serving so they do not rehydrate. Slice up to serve!
- Pineapple tart can be stored in an airtight container and chilled for up to three days. Remove the leaves before serving.