- 3 (14-ounce) tubes store-bought pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- 48 slices pepperoni
- 3 cups low-moisture shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls, torn
- 6 basil leaves
- Prepare an 8-inch by 3-inch springform cake pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out 2 pizza tubes onto prepared baking sheets and par-bake for 7 minutes.
- Using the bottom of the 8-inch cake pan, cut 4 circles out of the par-baked dough sheets. Cut the circles 1/4 inch smaller than the pan’s diameter. Set aside.
- On a flat surface, roll out the remaining tube of original crust dough. This will wrap around the outside of the pizza cake. Cut it to 1 inch larger than the height of the pan (4 inches). Drape it into the parchment-lined pie pan so that 1/2 inch lines the bottom of the inside of the pan and 1/2 inch drapes over the outer edge. Add the first par-baked dough circle as the base.
- Build each layer with sauce, cheese and pepperoni until all the par-baked dough circles are used. On the final layer, add sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and basil leaves.
- Fold the remaining 1/2 inch of interior crust over the edge and crimp around the entire cake.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until crimped crust is golden and cheese is bubbling. Let rest for 15 minutes before removing from the cake pan.