- Flour for dusting
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 4 mozzarella string cheese sticks, cut into fourths (16 pieces)
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon pretzel salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, divide the dough evenly into 16 small balls. Stuff each ball with a dot of marinara and a cheese cube. Fold the dough over the filling and pinch the ends.
- Heat a large pot of water to a boil. Add the baking soda, and boil the pretzel bites in batches for about 30 seconds or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon, and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops with egg wash and season with pretzel salt. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for five minutes before serving.