- Half a small pack (10 grams of active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (100°F)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce (1/2 cup for the pizza base and the rest for dipping)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice (pepperoni, black olives, green peppers, cherry tomatoes, and sliced mushrooms all work!)
- Start by mixing active dry yeast with warm water a little bit of sugar so the yeast has something to munch on. Let it react and get foamy for about 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yeast, flour, salt, and olive oil. Beat with a fork, mixing it well. Once it's almost together, transfer to a floured surface and continue kneading by hand. Add more flour to avoid stickiness and finish by forming dough into a ball.
- Grab a golf-ball-sized portion of dough, roll it into a ball and flatten. Insert a lollipop or cake pop stick in the middle and place it on top of a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Now, flatten it even more, making sure it keeps its round pizza shape. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Preheat oven to 400°F while you add the toppings.
- With a spoon, spread some marinara sauce on top of each small pizza. Add shredded mozzarella, then follow with your prepared toppings to create many different, colorful patterns!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce on the side, perfect for dipping!