- 3/4 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup milk
- A pinch of sugar
- 2 1/2 cups white flour
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 5 ounces sausage, thinly sliced
- Oregano to taste
- 1 egg yolk for brushing
- Mix yeast, olive oil, water, milk, and a pinch of sugar.
- Add the flour and a pinch of salt; mix until a dough forms. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface.
- Brush on the tomato paste, spread the mozzarella cheese, then add the thinly sliced sausage and oregano.
- Roll up the pizza like a jelly roll and place in a cake pan, forming roll into a circle.
- Brush with egg yolk and bake in preheated oven at 350°F for 40 minutes.