- 4 teaspoons dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 1/3 cups wheat flour, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- In a mixing bowl, add the yeast, sugar and warm water and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Gradually add the olive oil and flour, mixing with a spoon. Season with salt to taste. Knead until the dough is elastic. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle a clean surface with flour, and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough. Cut into 2-inch strips. Roll out each strip and sprinkle with mozzarella. Roll dough lengthwise, forming a long snake-like shape. Arrange dough in a spiral on a nonstick baking sheet. Set aside for 20 minutes to rise.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Top dough with tomato sauce, Parmesan, oregano and any other desired toppings.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted.