- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite pizza sauce
- 2-3 russet potatoes, sliced thin
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated fine
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a pot, melt butter and sprinkle in flour. Add garlic and Italian herbs. Whisk in milk and cream and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir in pizza sauce. Set aside.
- In a 9x9 baking dish, drizzle 1/3 cup of sauce on the bottom, and begin layering potatoes followed by a handful of mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices. Repeat with remaining ingredients, topping final layer with a smattering of pepperoni, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese.
- Tip: Feeling spicy? Throw in some spicy Italian sausage instead of pepperoni and some crushed red chili flakes.