- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 very ripe plantains, halved and quartered
- 1/4 cup coconut rum
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
- In a heavy skillet add the butter, light brown sugar, ground cinnamon. Let it melt under low heat.
- Once bubbling carefully place plantain slices in the mixture. Spoon sauce over the plantains and cook for about 5 minutes.
- To flambé: Add the coconut rum and carefully ignite with a long match or stick lighter. Once the flames die out, simmer for another few minutes until syrupy.
- Serve on top of vanilla ice cream.