Pon de Donuts (Donut Balls)
Since these delicious, chewy-on-the-inside donuts are made out of tofu, that technically makes them health food, right?
- 7 ounces silky tofu
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- Cooking oil
- Honey glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Mash the silky tofu through a strainer into a mixing bowl. Add the rice flour, cake flour, baking powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Heat a deep-sided pot of cooking oil to 350 degrees.
- Roll the dough into bite-sized pieces. On a square of parchment paper, arrange 7 balls to form a circle. Place the entire paper with the dough balls into the hot oil. Fry on one side, then flip and remove parchment paper. Continue frying until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for honey glaze. Drizzle over doughnuts, and enjoy.