- 1 pound potatoes, peeled
- 1 egg
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour + wheat flour for hands and breading
- 10 giant shrimp with tails, cleaned
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
- 3 tablespoons palm oil
- Juice of 4 lemons
- Cooking oil
- Cook the potatoes in a pot of boiling water for 40 minutes. Once the potatoes are soft, remove from heat and allow to cool, then transfer to a bowl and mash.
- Add the egg and mix well, then mix in the flour, salt and parsley. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Make small crosswise cuts in the shrimp without cutting the tips. Season the shrimp with salt, black pepper, chopped coriander, palm oil and lemon juice. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove potato dough from fridge. With well-floured hands, scoop a portion of the dough and place one shrimp inside. Wrap the dough around the shrimp, leaving the tail out.
- Coat with additional flour, and fry in hot oil until golden brown. Repeat with remaining dough and shrimp.