- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 4 egg whites, beaten
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 3/4 cups powdered milk, plus 1/2 cup to sprinkle
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar, butter and egg yolks until mixture is stiff and combined.
- Mix in the milk and then add the flour, stirring until combined.
- Gently add the egg whites and the baking powder, mixing well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and floured baking pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Using a mixer, blend 1 can of condensed milk with the butter.
- Add the cream, mixing well, and gradually add the powdered milk.
- Set aside in the fridge.
- For the drizzle, mix 1/2 cup milk with 1/2 can of condensed milk and set aside.
- When chilled, cut the cake in half.
- Place half back in the pan and drizzle with half of the condensed milk syrup.
- Add three-fourths of the filling, and cover with the other half of the cake.
- Drizzle with the rest of the condensed milk syrup.
- Cover with the rest of the filling, and sprinkle with powdered milk.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Remove the edges, cut into wedges and serve.