Pretzel Crust Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
When it comes to rich chocolate marble cheesecake, once you go pretzel crust, you'll never go back.
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel pieces
- 2/3 cup chocolate graham crackers (about 6 crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 6-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 16 ounces plain cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a food processor, combine the pretzels, graham crackers and sugar and pulse until coarse, about 30 seconds. Add the melted butter and pulse until fine, about 5 to 6 times. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Press the crust into the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Place the springform pan into a large roasting dish and fill the dish with boiling water about halfway up the side of the cheesecake pan. Bake for 1 1/2 hours until cheesecake is slightly brown on top and edges are set. Remove the pan from water and let the cheesecake cool for 30 minutes to an hour at room temperature. Loosely cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 6 hours to overnight. Slice and serve.
- Bake with soul. Eat with pleasure!
- Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate morsels. Set aside and cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese on low speed, about 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally. Add the sour cream and beat until creamy, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well incorporated. Add the vanilla, sugar, and salt on low speed and beat until smooth.
- Pour filling into prepared pan. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the surface of the filling. Use a toothpick to swirl in the chocolate.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE