Warning: If you have an unhealthy addiction to caramel apples, do NOT watch this video.
Puff Pastry Wrapped Apples
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce
- For the topping
- Ice cream, of desired choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a melon baller, scoop the cores out of the apples from the top, making sure to leave the bottoms intact. Next, coat the apples with the cinnamon sugar.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold the pastry sheet. Cut into 9 strips, about 2 centimeters wide. Then, cut leaf shapes from 1 of the pastry strips.
- Starting at the bottom of an apple, wind 1 pastry strip up and around the outside, slightly overlapping the edges of the pastry. Repeat with a second pastry strip and secure at the top. Continue to cover the remaining apples.
- Top each apple with 2 pastry ‘leaves’. Brush the pastries with the egg wash.
- On a baking sheet, place the pastries and spoon 2 tablespoons caramel sauce into each apple.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve the pastries with the ice cream of your choice.