- 1 pound quinoa penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 to 10 medium cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 5 ounces kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic pumpkin puree
- 1 (15-ounce) container full-fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until almost tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft, approximately 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic, mushrooms and kale, and cook for 5 more minutes, or until slightly cooked down.
- Add the vegetable broth and cook until reduced, about 10 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Add the pumpkin puree, cottage cheese, tomato sauce and pasta to the kale mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Top with mozzarella and place into the oven. Alternately, you could transfer to a greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted.