- 8 mini pumpkins, about 4 inches
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 3 allspice berries
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove stems from pumpkins and set aside for later; scoop out pumpkin insides. Mix 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle the insides of the cleaned pumpkins with the cinnamon sugar mix, wrap them each individually in aluminum foil and roast on a baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- In a large heatproof bowl, whisk together the egg yolks with 1/2 cup of sugar.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream, cinnamon stick, cloves, allspice and vanilla bean to a boil, then immediately remove from heat. Whisk the cream into the yolk mixture slowly, pouring through a sieve. Whisk in pumpkin puree.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pumpkins, then bake until centers are wobbly but set, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Top each pumpkin with a thin layer of sugar and brulée with a torch until crisp and caramelized. Serve warm.