- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup bourbon
- Freshly grated cinnamon sticks
- Fresh whipped cream
- In the bowl of a stand mixer outfitted with the whisk attachment, add the egg whites. Beat on low for 30 seconds until frothy, then increase to medium speed and beat until thick and white, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add half the sugar while mixer is still running, and beat until incorporated. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the egg yolks and remaining sugar to the same stand mixer bowl (you don’t have to clean it). Beat until light yellow and ribbony, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg and beat until mixed. Add the milk, cream and bourbon and continue beating until completely smooth.
- Fold the whites mixture into the pumpkin mixture until incorporated. Serve in a hollowed out pumpkin for maximum effect. Ladle into cups and garnish with whipped cream and freshly grated cinnamon.