- Nonstick spray
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 cup raw hulled pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Spray a parchment-lined sheet tray with nonstick spray.
- Add butter to a large skillet. Add pumpkin seeds and stir to toast. Sprinkle with salt, cayenne pepper and cinnamon. Remove to a bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, water and corn syrup, and stir until combined. Cook over medium heat until lightly golden amber and a candy thermometer reaches 290 degrees.
- Stir in the pumpkin seeds and cook, while stirring, until pale golden brown and thermometer reaches 305 degrees, another 3 minutes. Stir in baking soda then quickly pour onto prepared sheet pan. Spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Cool and break into pieces.