- For the pumpkin spice panna cotta:
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- For the caramel sauce:
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Prepare the panna cotta: In a medium sauce pan, bloom the gelatin in the cream for 1 minute. Heat the cream on low until just steaming to dissolve gelatin. Add half-and-half and sugar and continue to heat until just boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in pumpkin, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
- Divide the panna cotta among 4 lightly oiled 1/2-cup ramekins. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Make the sauce: In a small sauce pan, heat the maple syrup until just bubbling. Continue to cook for about 15 minutes or until the maple syrup coats the back of a spoon. Add the butter and continue to cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the cream and cook, stirring, for 7 minutes more. Remove from the heat and transfer to a container to cool.
- To serve the panna cotta, dip ramekins in just-boiled water for 30 seconds. Run a knife around the inside of the ramekin and invert it onto a plate. Tap the sides a few times to help the panna cotta slide out. Serve topped with caramel sauce.