- 8 slices Italian/French Bread
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar to garnish
- Combine cream cheese, pumpkin puree, brown sugar and cinnamon, and whip until mixed well.
- Spread a generous amount of the cream cheese mixture over one slice of bread and top with another slice. Press the edges of bread together to seal.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, sugar and salt to create custard.
- Melt butter on medium heat in a non-stick pan. Lightly dip both sides of bread in custard and place in pan. Cook for three minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar, whipped cream, syrup and/or ice cream if you're feeling indulgent!