- 1 large egg white (30g)
- 2 tablespoons (16g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (50g) cake flour
- 1 tablespoon (15g) vegetable oil
- 1 drop orange food gel
- 1 drop green food gel
- 1/4 tsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (75g) granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (23g) whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup (67g) cake flour, sifted
- Whipped Cream
- 400ml whipped cream
- 100ml honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g cream cheese, room temp
- 1 stick butter
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin pie puree
- Preheat an oven to 350F (175C). Line the bottom of a 15-inch x 10-inch baking tin with oil and baking paper. Set aside.
- Add the egg white, powdered sugar, cake flour and vegetable oil into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Split into two bowls.
- Add orange food gel to one and mix until well combined, take out 1 tbsp and add cocoa powder and mix. Add green food gel and repeat.
- Add each paste to a separate piping bag fitted with a Wilton #2 piping tip.
- Pipe the outlines of the pumpkins using the dark orange paste then fill in with the orange paste. Pipe vines around the pumpkins. Place the tray into the freezer for 1 hour to chill.
- Place the egg yolks and ¼ cup of sugar into a large mixing bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to whip until the mixture becomes light in colour and fluffy. Drizzle in the vegetable oil while the mixer is on high speed. Turn the mixer to low speed and add the milk and vanilla extract. Once combined, add the dry ingredients and use a spatula to fold through. Set aside.
- Add the egg whites into a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer to whip to soft peaks. Add the remaining sugar and whip until you reach stiff, glossy peaks.
- Gently fold half of the egg white mixture into the batter until well combined. Add the remaining egg white mixture and fold through.
- Pour the mixture into the chilled cake pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven. Place a piece of baking paper on top and a chopping board and carefully flip over. Take the baking tray away and peel the baking paper away.
- Dust a large, clean tea towel with powdered sugar and flip the cake on top with the printed side facing down.
- Carefully roll the cake up and allow to cool down at room temperature for 1 hour.
- To prepare the cream, add the cream, honey and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl and whip to stiff peaks using an electric mixer.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to mix until well combined.
- Once the cake has cooled down, carefully unwrap from the tea towel and add the filling on top. Use a spatula to spread around.
- Carefully roll back up and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 2 hours before unwrapping again and placing on a serving plate.