- 1 (15 ounces) package dried purple corn
- 1 gallon plus 2 cups water
- 1 whole pineapple
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp cloves
- 1 Granny Smith apples
- 2 limes
- agave to taste
- Pisco to taste, if desired
- Thoroughly wash the pineapple, and then remove and reserve rind and core. Dice the flesh, and freeze for serving later. Quarter one apple.
- Fill a large pot with water and add the purple corn, pineapple rind and core, cinnamon, cloves, and the quartered apple. Once it all comes to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Strain the liquid into a large bowl, and stir in agave while still warm. Allow to cool completely before adding freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Transfer to a large pitcher and refrigerate until completely chilled. To serve, add some dice apples to each glass.